Jim Butman will be the new president and CEO of TDS Telecom of Madison on Jan. 1.
He succeeds Dave Witt-wer, who announced in May that he planned to retire at the end of 2017.
Butman has named his executive leadership team:
- Vicki Villacrez will remain chief financial officer and senior vice president of finance.
- Kathy Cefalu becomes vice president and chief human resources officer.
- Ken Paker will remain chief technology officer and will be promoted to senior vice president of information and network technologies.
- Drew Petersen will be promoted to senior vice president of corporate affairs.
- Shane West will be promoted to senior vice president of marketing, sales and customer operations.
- Mark Barber will be promoted to senior vice president of network operations.
Butman has been a TDS employee for 32 years. He has a bachelor’s degree from UW-Eau Claire and a master’s in business administration from UW-Madison.
Wittwer has worked for TDS for 34 years and has been CEO since 2007.
Executive vice president Kevin Hess and vice president of network operations Cliff Lawson also are retiring at the end of the year.
TDS Telecom, a subsidiary of Telephone & Data Systems, Chicago, has 3,400 employees and operates in more than 30 states.