A 26-year-old man fell out of a downtown Porta-Potty Monday afternoon after he went unconscious from using heroin, Madison police reported.

"I can't believe I almost died on heroin," the man told police after being revived and taken to a hospital at about 2 p.m. Monday.

Paramedics and police responded to the 100 block of South Hamilton Street for the incident. The man went into the portable toilet with a 19-year-old friend and the two shot up heroin together, according to a police news release.

"The younger man said it was his first time using the drug," said Madison police spokesman Joel DeSpain. "He ingested a smaller amount than his friend."

The 19-year-old also was taken to the hospital as a precaution.

Paramedics used several doses of Narcan to revive the 26-year-old.

"The teen said he and the other man met at a homeless shelter about a month ago," DeSpain said.

The men's names were not released and no charges were reported in the news release.

 

You might also like