Get ready for the biggest blast of frigid air to hit Madison this winter.
After a few more days of seasonable, even above-average temperatures, highs are predicted to only hit the mid-teens on Sunday and single digits early next week, with lows below zero.
There's a small chance for snow Saturday, Sunday night and Monday, but the cold will cause bigger problems than snow.
The day-to-day outlook for Madison:
- Rest of Wednesday: A few scattered flurries before midnight. Overnight low of about 13.
- Thursday: Mostly sunny and 23, mostly cloudy and 13 at night.
- Friday: Partly sunny and 39, mostly cloudy and 25 at night.
- Saturday: A 20 percent chance of snow and a high near 35; 20 percent chance of snow with winds gusting up to 25 mph, low around 8.
- Sunday: Partly sunny and 16, 30 percent chance of snow with a low around 5 at night.
- Monday: A 20 percent chance of snow with a high near 10, mostly cloudy with a low around 6 below zero at night.
- Tuesday: Mostly sunny with a high near 7.