A slow warming trend is on tap for south central Wisconsin, with highs possibly hitting the freezing mark early next week.
The National Weather Service said there are a couple of chances for snow flurries in the next seven days, but nothing that would require snow shovels or plows.
The day-to-day outlook for Madison:
- Wednesday night: 30 percent chance of flurries, low of 15.
- Thursday: Scattered flurries before noon with a high of 20, partly cloudy with a low around 10 overnight.
- Friday: Sunny and 26, mostly clear and 14 overnight.
- Saturday: Scattered flurries with a high near 28, mostly cloudy and 14 overnight.
- Sunday: Mostly sunny and 25, partly cloudy at 16 overnight.
- Monday: Mostly sunny and 32, partly cloudy and 20 overnight.
- Tuesday: Mostly sunny and 32.