An fire in an overheated dishwasher caused an estimated $2,000 damage to a Maple Bluff home Thursday afternoon, authorities reported.

The Maple Bluff Fire Rescue Department said in a news release that the fire was reported at about 12:50 p.m. Thursday at 21 Old Shore Road.

Firefighters found the overheated dishwasher on fire and quickly extinguished it.

"The homeowner was able to exit the building and was uninjured," said Assistant Fire Chief Kristopher Loy.

Maple Bluff units were assisted by Ryan Brothers EMS, and fire departments from Blooming Grove, De Forest, the town of Madison, Waunakee and Shorewood Hills.

 

You might also like