The evening commute in Madison could be as foggy as the morning commute.
The National Weather Service extended a dense fog advisory for the region to midnight, especially in areas that have a good amount of snow still on the ground.
"The threat for dense fog will likely continue through the evening hours until winds increase enough to provide some mixing (of air) in the low levels," the advisory said.
Mild temperatures that moved into the region on Thursday are expected to continue into Saturday until cold air pushes in, dropping daytime temps down to about 25 by 5 p.m.
Other than a chance for snow Saturday night, the rest of the week looks pretty calm, with temperatures close to average and little or no precipitation.
The day-to-day outlook for Madison:
- Rest of Friday: Chance of drizzle before midnight and areas of fog, temperatures staying steady, overnight low around 45.
- Saturday: Partly sunny, high in the 40s before temps start dropping; 40 percent chance of snow at night, no accumulation forecast, low of 14.
- Sunday: Mostly cloudy and 21, partly cloudy and 10 at night.
- Monday: Sunny and 24, partly cloudy and 11 at night.
- Tuesday: Mostly sunny and 28, 20 percent chance of snow with a low around 20 at night.
- Wednesday: Partly sunny and 29, partly cloudy and 14 at night.
- Thursday: Mostly sunny and 25.