Breastfeeding advocates who support, promote and protect the practice will be honored Wednesday night for their efforts.
The six winners of the fifth annual Community Breastfeeding Awards will be recognized at 6:30 p.m. at the Warner Park Community Center, 1625 Northport Drive, according to a news release from Public Health Madison and Dane County.
"While many people know that breastfeeding improves the health of both mothers and babies, it is an activity that nevertheless requires promotion, protection and support," public health nurse Alice Meyer, president of the Breastfeeding Coalition of South Central Wisconsin, said in the release.
The 2013 recipients are:
- Madison Children's Museum, Friendly Business/Public Place Award.
- Willy Street Co-op, Friendly Employer Award.
- Anne Ebert, pharmacist at Meriter Hospital, Healthcare Award.
- Childcare Center at ARC, Friendly Childcare Center Award.
- Laurel Franczek, Advocate Award.
- Dr. Anne Eglash, Distinguished Service Award.