The following is a calendar for outdoors recreational events in and around southern Wisconsin as of March 16, 2018. Please note that readers are advised to contact clubs and organizations, especially in the event of inclement weather, to check the status of each listing.
“I wanted to put more into the book on the life of a trout fisherman, not just catching trout,” Jay Thurston said. “And leave it up to the anglers to find the best places in those streams.”
A recent study by George Farah, which was funded by the Boston University School of Medicine’s Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, found some woodpeckers might be giving themselves repeated concussions.
- VERONA AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT - Benefits & Payroll Specialist
- CLASEN'S BAKERY - Part-Time Drivers & Bread Bakers ($12-$16/hr.)
- MADISON PEDIATRIC DENTAL - Clerical Supervisor/Scheduling Coordinator
- MENARDS - Madison West, East, & Monona Locations Now Hiring!!!
- MPI PRODUCTS - Manufacturing Supervisor
- MPI Products - Quality Technician
- GENUS INTELLIGEN TECHNOLOGIES - Associate System Techs . 1st, 2nd, & 3rd Shifts Available
- CENTRO - JOB FAIR Tues., March 20 in Beaver Dam from 9AM-12PM & 1PM-4PM
- EASTSIDE AUTO & TRANSMISSION - Automotive Service Manager & Advisor Techs
- RENEWAL UNLIMITED - Head Start Bus Driver
- MPI PRODUCTS - Supplier Quality Engineer
- MPI PRODUCTS - Entry Level Quality Engineer
- COLONY BRANDS - Aircraft Mechanic
Find these jobs and more at ApplyMadison.com.
Recruiters, place your jobs here by calling 608-257-7777.
A state herb, ginseng became the 23rd state symbol and the fifth plant in this list, joining the wood violet (state flower), sugar maple (state tree) corn (state grain) and cranberry (state fruit).
The Department of Natural Resources continues to be very concerned about future hunters, anglers, trappers and other outdoors enthusiasts and is willing to direct money where their concerns are.
A group of students at Chequamegon High School in Park Falls has encouraged state lawmakers to declare the ruffed grouse, Bonasa umbellus, Wisconsin’s state game bird.
When Pastor Dennis Virta, of the River Hills Church, worked with several churchgoers (there are no formal members in his church) to organize a game feed three years ago, he did so with the intention of people meeting neighbors and simply enjoying some camaraderie.
There were 654 sturgeon harvested from Lake Winnebago. An additional 297 fish were harvested from the Upriver Lakes, bringing the system-wide total to 951 sturgeon.
Whether you want to fish the Midwest as a new recruit in the kayak navy or learn the fair-market value of your grandfather’s old lures and fishing tackle, you’ll find what you need this weekend at the Wisconsin Fishing Expo.
No doubt Wisconsin’s wild deer provide a vast, mostly undocumented pool for spreading CWD, but sick deer can only carry disease as far as they walk. With DATCP’s approval, privately owned deer could spread CWD wherever they’re trucked.
After lawmakers stripped regulations on isolated, nonfederal wetlands to hasten approval of the multi-billion dollar Foxconn plan in 2017, some politicians seized the opening. Why not end protections for all 1 million acres of isolated wetlands statewide?
The Wisconsin Wrestling Federation women’s high school folkstyle state tournament is scheduled Sunday (Feb. 11) at Poynette Middle School.
The recent snowstorm aside, observing nature’s avian entities could be therapeutic to novice naturalists trying to abet Wisconsin’s quandary of deciding between winter and spring.
Hunting groups are uneasy after Ryan Zinke’s first year as Interior secretary, fearing he’s more likely to exploit wild places than protect them.