- Ray Cross says he'll resign if UW budget cuts, loss of shared governance maintained by Legislature
- UW President Ray Cross feared lawmakers would curtail shared governance, tenure
- Committee members announce new UW plan
- UW professors urge Ray Cross to withdraw support for new UW public authority
- Republicans say UW autonomy plan on 'life support'
- UW System reserve fund furor sparked by state Republican "CPA caucus"
The crash happened at 10:46 a.m. Sunday when a Dodge Dakota traveling north on Highway 41 lost control, slid into the median and rolled multiple times eventually striking a semi-trailer.
The temporary hiring freeze would hold open 19 jobs for a year, with a savings of $1.8 million. The jobs would be spread throughout the college: 10 faculty jobs, seven professional staff and two administrative.
WASHINGTON (AP) — The intensive care unit is a last frontier for physical therapy: It's hard to exercise patients hooked to ventilators so they can breathe.
Gov. Scott Walker's proposed budget would eliminate 66 DNR positions, freeze conservation land purchases and withdraw tax support to state parks.
KIEL, Wis. (AP) — Law enforcement officers from across the nation joined hundreds of local residents on Sunday mourning a 21-year-old Wisconsin state trooper killed last week during a shootout with a bank robbery suspect.
Smaller bee populations have some local beekeepers worried.
- Video of NCAA stenographers goes viral after comments by UW's Nigel Hayes
- Badgers men's basketball: UW loses out to Maryland in Diamond Stone sweepstakes
- Report: Wisconsin worst in nation on shrinking middle class
- Tom Oates: With Elite Eight berth secured, pressure is off Badgers
- UNC student misses game finishing basketball team's homework
Vote! Today's poll
Do you think we will get any more snow this season?