A Madison man pleaded guilty Friday to charges he allegedly brought a loaded handgun inside a backpack into the VA hospital in Madison.
The temporary hiring freeze would hold open 19 jobs for a year, with a savings of $1.8 million. The jobs would be spread throughout the college: 10 faculty jobs, seven professional staff and two administrative.
FREETOWN, Sierra Leone (AP) — Guinea has deployed security forces to the country's southwest in response to reports that Sierra Leoneans are crossing the border to flee an Ebola lockdown intended to stamp out the deadly disease, an official s…
Gov. Scott Walker's proposed budget would eliminate 66 DNR positions, freeze conservation land purchases and withdraw tax support to state parks.
KENOSHA, Wis. (AP) — Authorities say they safely detonated a suspicious package that was found outside a Planned Parenthood clinic in Kenosha.
The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources is accepting public comment on the controversial plan through April 3.
- In personnel file, a fuller picture of Matt Kenny, officer involved in fatal Madison shooting
- Report: Wisconsin worst in nation on shrinking middle class
- Badgers men's basketball: Long-awaited matchup with North Carolina on tap
- Video of NCAA stenographers goes viral after comments by UW's Nigel Hayes
- UW-Madison, Coastal Carolina engage in the most polite Twitter trash session ever
Vote! Today's poll
Do you think we will get any more snow this season?