Fire stock

TOWN OF SUN PRAIRIE -- A house fire that started inside a chimney from a basement wood-burning stove Sunday afternoon caused damage estimated at $50,000 but no injuries, according to the Dane County Sheriff's Office.

The homeowner and several guests were able to safely escape the fire, reported about 4:20 p.m. at a house in the 3000 block of Burke Road. The Sun Prairie and Cottage Grove fire departments also responded to the fire, which did not appear to be suspicious, authorities said.

2
0
0
0
0

Karen Rivedal is the education beat reporter for the Wisconsin State Journal.