State Journal reporter Jason Galloway breaks down the matchup between the Wisconsin Badgers and Miami Hurricanes in the Orange Bowl on Saturday at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens, Fla.
As featured on
Coming off a 27-21 loss to Ohio State in which UW allowed more total yards and points than in any other game this season, its defense has one more opportunity to stake its claim as the country’s best.
College football’s first try at an early signing period begins this week, when prospects in the 2018 class can sign a Letter of Intent to the school of their choice between Wednesday and Friday rather than waiting until February to do so.
- Badgers football: Three Wisconsin players earn All-American honors from American Football Coaches Association
- Video: Jonathan Taylor named 2017 Thompson-Randle El Freshman of the Year
- Video: Breaking down the Orange Bowl
- Badgers football: Jack Cichy opts to enter NFL Draft, not apply for 6th year of eligibility
- Badgers football: Wisconsin's Paul Chryst named finalist for Paul Bryant Coach of the Year Award
- Badgers football: Three Wisconsin players earn 2nd-team All-American honors from Sporting News
- Video: Badgers football team celebrates senior class
- Video: Ranking bowl game swag bags
- Badgers football: Five Wisconsin players earn AP All-American honors
- Badgers football: Wisconsin begins process to hire 10th assistant coach
- Badgers football: Jonathan Taylor will be a favorite in 2018 Heisman Trophy race
- Video: Badgers begin Orange Bowl preparations
- Video: Barry Alvarez: 'It's what you think about at a bowl'
- NFL: Top performances by former Wisconsin Badgers in Week 14
- Road to the Orange Bowl: Relive Wisconsin Badgers' path to Miami
- Badgers football: Alex Hornibrook's impressive record can't keep critics at bay
- State Journal photographer M.P. King captures Badgers linebacker T.J. Edwards in flattering light
- Badgers football: After 4 straight bowl losses, Wisconsin looking for 4th straight bowl win
- Badgers football: Q&A with Orange Bowl committee member Brad Houser
- Video: Badger Sports Report with Paul Chryst — Orange Bowl Preview
- Video: Nolan and Jayden visit the Badgers football team
- State Journal photographer M.P. King captures Badgers football coach Paul Chryst in action
- Watch video highlights of Wisconsin Badgers' 2018 football recruits
- Video: Paul Chryst on Orange Bowl preparations and new recruits
- Video: Orange Bowl preview: No. 6 Wisconsin vs. No. 10 Miami
- See highlights of Badgers football team's 2018 recruits
- Tom Oates: Orange Bowl another opportunity for Wisconsin Badgers to display resilience
- Wisconsin tight end Troy Fumagalli presents unique challenges for photographers
- State Journal photographer M.P. King shows Wisconsin cornerback Nick Nelson in action
- Two Minutes with Mitch Henck: Here's why Badgers need to beat Miami
- Badgers football: Miami quarterback Malik Rosier has plenty to prove against Wisconsin
- Badgers football: Follow live postgame coverage of Wisconsin's 34-24 win over Miami in the Orange Bowl
Every year, a panel of artists and scientists at UW-Madison judges the scientific and artistic value of beautiful images and videos created by the university's science students, faculty and staff.
Here's a look at some of the iconic bars once packed by legions of UW-Madison students over the years. While they have long since closed, they certainly made their mark.