Ryan Wagner was named the University of Wisconsin men's hockey most valuable player Saturday at the team's postseason banquet.
Wagner, who led the Badgers with 33 points as a senior, was the recipient of the Spike Carlson/Chris Chelios Most Valuable Player award.
Junior defenseman Peter Tischke won twice, the Fenton Kelsey Jr./Mike Richter Most Competitive Award and the Suter Family Unsung Hero honor.
Defenseman Wyatt Kalynuk and forward Linus Weissbach shared the Mark Johnson Rookie of the Year Award. They both were picked for the Big Ten Conference's all-rookie team.
Other awards presented Saturday include:
• Senior forward Matt Ustaski, Ivan B. Williamson Scholastic Award.
• Senior defenseman Tim Davison, Jeff Sauer "Great Guy" Award.
• Freshman defenseman Josh Ess, Dr. Joseph Coyne/Joe Pavelski Most Consistent Award.
• Freshman defenseman Tyler Inamoto, Otto Breitenbach/Curtis Joseph Most Improved Award.
• Junior forward Seamus Malone, Jim Santulli 7th Man Award.
• Randy Hollis, the team's bus driver since 2011, Mel Ross Distinguished Service Award.