Overnight low temperatures in Madison this weekend won't be as cold as during the long stretch of frigid air in late December and early January, but it will be cold nevertheless, especially with brisk winds to boot.
The National Weather Service said lows of 2 below are forecast Friday night and Saturday night, with wind chills dropping to the 10 below to 20 below range Friday night and the 5 below to 10 below range Saturday night.
Temperatures moderate a little on Sunday, but snow is expected to develop, with up to three inches possible by Sunday night.
The day-to-day outlook:
- Friday night: Mostly clear, low around 2 below.
- Saturday: Sunny, high near 12.
- Saturday night: Mostly clear, low around 2 below.
- Sunday: A 50 percent chance of snow after 3 p.m., high near 18.
- Sunday night: A 90 percent chance of snow, low around 13. New snow of 1-3 inches is possible.
- Monday: A 20 percent chance of snow, temperature falling to around 8 by 4 p.m.
- Monday night: A 50 percent chance of snow, low around 3.
- Tuesday: Mostly cloudy, high near 16.
- Tuesday night: Partly cloudy, low around 2 below.
- Wednesday: Mostly sunny, high near 14.
- Wednesday night: Partly cloudy, low around 7.
- Thursday: Mostly sunny, high near 26.