Dense fog could cover parts of the Madison area Wednesday night into Thursday, especially in the far southern counties of Wisconsin.
The National Weather Service said the hazardous weather outlook is for parts of east-central, south-central and southeast Wisconsin, including Dane County.
After the fog moves out, there's a slight chance for rain and snow Thursday night, with winds gusting up to 25 mph.
The day-to-day outlook:
- Wednesday night: Patchy fog, otherwise mostly cloudy, low around 29.
- Thursday: Patchy fog before noon, slight chance of rain after noon, high near 38.
- Thursday night: A 20 percent chance of rain and snow, low around 18.
- Friday: Partly sunny, gradually becoming sunny, high near 21.
- Friday night: Mostly clear, low around 6.
- Saturday: A 40 percent chance of snow after noon, high near 29.
- Saturday night: Partly cloudy, low around 15.
- Sunday: Partly sunny, high near 34.
- Sunday night: Mostly cloudy, low around 26.
- Monday: A 50 percent chance of rain and snow, high near 35.
- Monday night: A 50 percent chance of snow, low around 19.
- Tuesday: A 20 percent chance of snow, high near 30.