Madison Memorial High School will be under new leadership next year as Principal Jay Affeldt is leaving to take a new position in the Madison School District.
Judge Stephen Ehlke tells victims he believes them, but the nearly 20 years requested by prosecutors was extreme.
Students studying science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) at a University of Wisconsin System two-year institution or Wisconsin technical college may have more help during the transfer to a four-year college thanks to a five-year, $1 million grant.
The Madison School District will be getting close to $1 million in state school safety grant money to improve security in the district's 48 buildings, the state attorney general said on Wednesday.
- KINAS EXCAVATING - Laborers, Dump Truck Drivers, Master Plumbers, Equipment Operators
- MENARDS - Flatbed Delivery Service
- FOOD SAFETY NET SERVICES - Director/VP of Chemistry Operations
- WISCONSIN SUPREME COURT - Program Assistant/Data Researcher
- CENTRO INC. - Manufacturing Hiring Event Beaver Dam
- ADVANCED ADULT CARE - Caregivers - CNA's
- CARDINAL CAPITAL MANAGEMENT - Maintenance
- EASTER SEALS - Camp Nurse
- WILDERNESS - Maintenance Technician
- UNITED CEREBRAL PALSY - Communications and Development Associate
- WISCONSIN DEPARTMENT OF MILITARY AFFAIRS - Military Security Officers
- WISCONSIN SUPREME COURT - Legal Advisor
- WM. S. MIDDLETON MEMORIAL VA HOSPITAL
Find these jobs and more at ApplyMadison.com.
Recruiters, place your jobs here by calling 608-250-4154.
A week after one of her former teachers publicly criticized her tenure, Kristin Foreman announced Monday that she is leaving her position as principal of Madison’s Sherman Middle School.
The Racine Unified School District plans to begin doing random scans of students entering buildings at the start of the day sometime next school year.
Western Technical College and the Wisconsin Economic Development Corp. are inadvertently channeling Jon Bon Jovi’s “Who Says You Can’t Go Home” to persuade graduates of state schools to “come home” to fill jobs desperately in need of workers.
Members of HOSA-Future Health Professionals have been partnering with the UW Carbone Cancer Center and the Pancreas Cancer Task Force to learn more about the disease and other medical-related topics.
For half a century, doctors have said human organ transplants will someday be replaced by xenotransplantation, or putting animal organs into people.
About 300 students completed their GEDs or HSEDs, a task often made difficult by the conflicts of family life, job schedules and day-to-day responsibilities.
"We have grave concerns regarding the type of personal, public shaming of a principal, in this case a principal of color ... ."
The Madison Metropolitan School District has the highest concentration of English language learners in the state compared to other large school districts, and Madison students speak over 109 languages, according to data from MMSD and the federal education department.
One of the University of Wisconsin’s largest endowments selected eight projects to be awarded a Baldwin grant. All UW-Madison faculty, staff and students are eligible to apply.
MMSD proposes adding electronic classroom door locks, monitored exterior doors and defense-based training against code-red, active shooter threats.